Wednesday 15 February 2012

Winter Holiday

So, working at a University has its perks such as long winter and summer holidays. In an effort to escape the incessant cold weather that Shanghai provides, I went to seek sunnier climes in other parts of South-East Asia.

The winter break started just before Christmas and lasts until late February. I’m now back in Shanghai and it’s still bloody cold, but it is becoming tolerable. I’ve somehow mustered the energy to sift and sort through the photographs that I took whilst on my travels and shall get posting some select choices shortly.



This is a picture that I took in Hangzhou, China. I spent a day here while waiting for a flight to Thailand. Hangzhou is described as a beautiful City with a plethora of idyllic lakes. It was bloody cold, shortly after taking this photo I retreated to the hostel I was staying at – which incidentally wasn't much warmer. . .   

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Jonny! I'm delighted that you had a great time on your very looooong holiday - and no mishaps on the motorbike, in Vietnam! xx

    ReplyDelete