Saturday 24 September 2011

The decision to flee came suddenly . . .

This week I was observed by my boss and supervisor during one of my lessons to assess my ability to teach; thankfully the lesson went well and my students were behaving and actually participating. 



I spent most of Friday night in Red Bar (the local hangout for expats) with some of the other teachers. I had a tempestuous introduction to Mr Bar, a Korean guy with whom I left my bar tab, his brutish behaviour justified my discourtesy. In all it was an entertaining night, I left Red at about 5am and bought a KFC meal on my way home(across the road). I woke up this morning to find KFC fries under my pillow and a chicken burger (still boxed) next to my head, thankfully no hangover.

While a Red I met Dr Love, so named because she is a doctor and she becomes touchy-feely when drunk. Dr Love agreed to have her staff give me chiropractic treatment for the princely sum of 50 Yuan / £5 this Wednesday.


Today I went to a tailored clothing market in Xianoanmen with my Finnish friend Elli. I placed an order for a pair of trousers, two shirts and a Kashmir coat. In total I spent 1000 Y (about £100), probably should have negotiated harder, but given that they wanted to charge 900 for the coat alone I was fairly happy with the price. I’ll go back next weekend and collect my clothes. 

2 comments:

  1. So, you stayed out all night drinking, you're not even eating crap Americhain "food", your bedding is in need of a wash to remove the grease, you have a professional appointment with a low-price touchy-feely lush with a bit of a reputation and you have had to replace at least one pair of trousers after just a month or so. Your mother is going to be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... Well, we did tell you to have a good time... Good news about the assessment. Not so sure about Mr Bar, but I won't dwell on that one! As for Dr Love ... well, just don't buy her a drink until after the treatment. I really look forward to hearing about the new clothes, especially the coat. xx

    ReplyDelete